Two Training Schools (TS) will be organised in Years 2 and 3 of the project. The first TS will focus on issues related to Themes 1-4 and the second to issues related to Theme 5. Experts in the research embedded in these themes will provide lectures and roundtable discussions. Training school participants (PhD students and other ESRs) will have opportunities to attend workshops and seminars and will analyse related datasets, engage in discussions and debates and present a poster of their own research in the area.
Training School 2
The second Digilitey Training School took place at:
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid / La Cristalera, Madrid, Spain 11-13 June 2017.
This 3-day intensive summer advanced postgraduate students and early stage researchers and provided an opportunity to explore emerging methodological issues in the study of young children’s digital literacies. The Training Schoo paid particular attention to collaborative, spatially-oriented and multimodal forms of research and children’s engagement with digital media and devices in community and out-of-school settings.
- Collaborative Research with Children in Communities
- Collaborative Design and Learning
- Children in the Digital Home
- Children, Public Space and the City in the Digital World
Report: DigiLitEY Summer School 2017 – A Collective Report
Training School 1
The First DigiLitEY Training School took place at the University of Minho, Braga, Portugal 6th to 8th June 2016.
The Training School will Focused on the following themes:
- Young children’s digital literacy practices in homes, communities and informal learning spaces.
- Young children’s digital literacy practices in early education settings.
- Affordances of reading and writing on screen for young children, including those with needs such as visual and hearing impairments.
- The relationship of online and offline digital literacy practices.
Full programme available Here
Abstracts for Keynotes available Here
Ebook: The Digital Literacy and Multimodal Practices of Young Children: Engaging with Emergent Research Proceedings of the first Training School of Cost Action IS1410, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal, 6th to 8th June 2016 Full Proceedings